Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wordless Wednesday (well, a few words)

Basil Noah Cross Family

This is my great great grandparents, Basil Noah and Mary Jane (Boroff) Cross, their five sons, daughter, daughter-in-law and 2 of their grandchildren.  My great grandfather Henry, is the young boy standing between them.  He was born in 1875.  I am guessing that he might be 7 or 8 in this picture.  Basil died in 1885 so that would mean this was taken a few years before this death.  It is probably the last family picture they had taken (maybe the only one they ever had taken.)  The exact location is unknown, but it most definitely was taken in Iowa as in 1880 there were living in East Waterloo, Iowa.  In 1885 when Basil died they were living in Fredericksburg, Iowa.

This is the only photograph I have of my great great grandfather Cross.  I will share more of his story in another post.



No comments:

Post a Comment